Pages

Thursday 12 January 2012

Who am I?

I'm only recently active again on the DOC, and I've grown up a lot since I was last around. So, most people don't know me that well and since my vlog is only mildly coherent I thought I should put a blog post on top of it to explain the loose ends about myself.

I'm 19 years old, and I'm from the UK. My family lives in Essex and that's where I am right now, but I'm studying at the University of Cambridge so I live there for around half of the year. I study philosophy and I LOVE it. I have absolutely no idea what I want to do after, but I'd love to stay in philosophy if I can. It's the thing I'm most passionate about in the world.

I LOVE the DOC. I was active in it a few years ago, when I was still learning what it meant to have diabetes and trying to adjust to the changes in my life. I then stepped out for a while (although I was still active on CWD), which I think was good for me because it reinforced the message that my life was not defined by diabetes. Now I've grasped that, I'm ready to embrace everything that the DOC has to offer, and maybe even help some other people along the way.

Diabeteswise, I'm doing alright. My a1C right now is 7.7, which I'm meh about and my endo is happy with (because I'm testing and adjusting the best I possibly can, and hypo unawareness makes it difficult to be more aggressive than I am right now). I use the MM522 pump and the MM CGMS with Sof-Sensors. I love my pump and CGM - I took a pump break over summer and everything went crazy so I think I'll be loving this thing for the forseeable future!

I'm looking forward to sharing my life in this blog - both the diabetes parts and the "just life" parts. I hope I managed more coherence in this blog post than I got in the vlog, which appears to be out of order!

No comments:

Post a Comment